Might of Magic – Blacksmith (Hawk and Vael)

Home Forums In Play Base Camp Might of Magic – Blacksmith (Hawk and Vael)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Hawk James Hawk 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Syl’vana steps to Hawks workstation, near his forge where she hoped to find him at work beating shape into steel.

“Mister Hawk… How would you care for a challenge that would test your skills? I have an idea and I can think of no one better prepared than yourself to take on the task, should it be possible.”

Profile photo of James Hawk
    James Hawk
    Participant

The sound of boots thudding against the floor of the tavern bring the sailor to a pause behind his anvil. The words of the Elf brought a slow raise of his brow, eyes of dark brown scanning over her figure to denote anything hidden from view.

“While I have never turned down a challenge in smithing I find myself more intrigued by your compliment” A brief, coy smile stretched across his lips before he’d lazily toss the hammer atop the forge. “Sit with me and tell me of this endeavor, hm?”

Syl wore her usual attire, white dress armored lightly by leather and furs, and carried her usual complement of weaponry. Nothing out of the ordinary, past the fact she seemed more focused and less belligerent.

Turning to sit she took a breath before starting “Well. It is a request of experimentation that will likely take both your skill as a worker of metal and of magic energies.”

James Hawk
    Participant

“Oh my…!” Hiking his feet onto the anvil he’d remove his hat, pulling the pipe from the side-stitch. Fishing into his satchel and closing his eyes he’d relax in his chair and clear his throat.

“Lets hear it then. I have an idea of what you’re going to ask, but i’d rather you simply tell me as opposed to assuming.”

Profile photo of Vael Eri'monte
    Vael Eri’monte
    Participant

“So you’re a human that doesn’t trivialize good research with small talk or assumptions? Good, it shall move along faster, then.” crowed a hooded figure as it strolled through the wooden doors.

Vael Eri’monte leaned his staff against the wall, pulled his sword to the side, and sat himself near enough to the others so as to appear polite, but not so much so that they could see into the drawn up hood that hid his weary, sleep deprived eyes.

“I believe we’ve met before, though that night I wouldn’t have taken you for such a learned man. I hope it won’t be of much inconvenience, but I must insist on also working on this most curious endeavor.”

The wizard rummaged through his pouches to retrieve a small journal and quill, and looked to the others expectantly.

James Hawk
    Participant

The fetching of his tobacco was given a brief pause at the words of Vael. The other brow now hoisted itself higher as he’d look between the two Elves and shrug. Stuffing the pipe with the vanilla-flavored weed he’d continue.

“I trivialize a lot of things, my good Elf. Mostly the dangers this town constantly finds itself in but…” A slow, cold shrug was given to the topic matter.

“I will take your words as a compliment and leave it at that but, yes, I do believe you healed me after getting my ass thoroughly beat a month-or-so ago. I am unsure why I would need help, but, i’m no mage. So…maybe the eye of someone thoroughly-practiced in the Weave could be beneficial.” Striking a match and setting the wooden bown aflame he’d wink at Vael from his chair.

Profile photo of Vael Eri'monte
    Vael Eri’monte
    Participant

Vael chuckled at the man’s choice of words. “A mage pulls parlor tricks for small coin, a wizard devotes ones self to the study and practice of all things arcane, I consider myself to be of the latter.”

He leaned forward in his chair, enough to look the man in the eye. Choosing his words carefully, he began “Though it does intrigue me that you do not consider yourself a mage, and yet are considered an enchanter, at least by our mutual friend.”

He looked to Syl’vana briefly before continuing, “but no matter, with your expertise with metal and mine with the arcane, surely these stones will hide no secrets.” He paused for a moment, stopping to confirm with himself that he was correct, before nodding and scribbling a few notes.

Clearing her throat some “..If I may continue, now that you two are done stroking yourselves…”

Leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees she produced a palm sized, roughly cut gem which glowed subtly and held it between two fingers. “This is one of the ‘gifts of Memnis’… a star stone which repels the annoying creatures that wander about. My hope is that it can be imbued into a weapon, to create something which can both repel and hopefully harm them if needed. According to the ancient creatures that were drawn forth, ‘abusing’ these stones could be hazardous in that it could potentially kill you. So, you know, be careful” Her lips pulled in a crooked smirk.

“I figure the two of you can test this stones limits… and potentially make it into something of use. And should you unlock its secrets, in theory it could be reproduced for others.”

Pausing a moment she offered the stone towards Hawk but glanced between them both “Interested?”

James Hawk
    Participant

Hawk looked back to Vael, meeting his gaze with a sly grin. Taking a drag of his pipe the sailor’s free hand lifted into view and placed his palm between them. Within the extended fingers a slow churn of raw, Arcane energy began to form.

“I am a man of many talents, you see. I do not study the art, it simply…happens. Unfortunately I have no clue how to make legitimate use of it beyond imbuing it into objects and performing, as you call it, parlor tricks.”

Ahhh…there was the Syl he’d come to know; snippy and crass as any man, though more-appealing to the eye. Giving a slow nod he’d look into the stone’s glow.

“Count me in.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.